The joys of owning a brand new car are much like an achievement but to retain that thrill of driving a shiny four-wheeler, car wash services are mandatory. With the same segregated into five common divisions, arriving at the best one demands a detailed analysis of each method, learning about their pros and cons and finally ending up with a preferred one most suited for your swanky new vehicle or your dear old roadster. This blog offers you a guide on the right vehicle wash option appropriate for both your automobile and your budget.
#1 At-Home Car Wash
A common practice adopted by owners, who are tight on budget, is the at-home process. Involving an elaborate procedure of rinsing dirt off the exterior, washing it off with warm water followed by drying it with a chamois leather cloth prior to applying a car wax, the method has a few positives and negatives to look at:
- Scores well in affordability
- A convenient option
- Causes minor damages for not hiring professional car care services
- Labour intensive
- Quite difficult without a hose and a driveway
- Needs significant investment in equipment
#2 Self-Service Car Wash
In view of the major drawback from which the at-home auto-wash method suffers from, the self-service procedure is a quick escape from the distress of not owning a hose or adequate supplies or even lacking a driveway facility around one’s place of residence. With such a car detailing service, the owner of the vehicle has to undertake the job all by oneself by driving up to a location and following the same procedure to clean off the stains.
- Equips one with suitable supplies and facilities necessary for an automobile cleaning job
- A Do-It-Yourself (DIY) approach to cleaning cars by taking the helm of the process
- A paid service for a chore that you yourself need to undertake
- Again, consumes much of the time
- Inconvenient, as one has to move over to a location for a self-service car wash
- One might not be satisfied with the outcome considering the lack of skill and expertise in the job
#3 Drive-Through Car Wash
An automatic process of washing four-wheelers, traced mostly in gas stations, drive-through offers all the convenience of an automated system. Despite the ease, the chances of minuscule scratches appearing on the automobile’s exterior are high considering the stiff bristles of brushes used up in the technique. Over time, it collects dirt, ruining an automotive’s paint coat.
- Fastest till now
- Is easy to locate
- Is not a car detailing service in a true sense due to lack of thorough cleaning
- Drying vehicles take time
- Is a threat to an automobile’s paintwork
#4 Mobile Car Wash
A modern concept necessitating mobile car valeting service, it blends in the best of at-home and hand car wash services. Essentially, an approach whereby the professional makes a visit to your residence to leave your vehicle in pristine condition, both inside and outside.
- Time and energy-saving
- Professionals provide meticulous attention to detail
- Compared to an automatic car wash approach, it involves lower risk of vehicle damage
- Convenient, as one doesn’t have to leave one’s residence for quick and professional car care services
- A little expensive
#5 Hand Car Wash
Such a service is usually undertaken by a four-wheeler owner who craves for a detail-oriented touch yet doesn’t wish to invest in supplies or take the pains of completing the chore all by oneself. Expensive by nature, the only thing to keep in mind is to avail a fully insured service. Perfect for those expecting visually appealing outcomes and rarely minding paying through the nose, the technique again, accompanies several pros and cons.
- Takes care of the vehicle’s interior in the valeting service
- Promises superb results
- Not as convenient as hand washing one’s own four-wheeler
- Takes time
How To Make Up Your Mind On The Best Auto-Wash Technique-
It all comes down to one’s budget, urgency and expectation. No matter which of the mentioned approach you choose, ensure you conduct thorough research prior to availing the services of a professional from your area.
The ones seeking a quick car valet service that’s well within the budget, standard techniques like self-service and drive-through are appropriate. However, if quality wash is your priority then go for a hand car wash and mobile car wash without a second thought.
Even if there’s time-constraint, invest in a quality wash once in a while because driving around in a vehicle that appears sparkling new from a distance and smells nice from within is in itself satisfying.